Thursday, November 7, 2013

Meet Jenna!... and more from this week

Hello again from toasty-warm Haiti!

As I mentioned before, Jenna Brill is our intern this year.  Her main responsibility is teaching English in the school.  She started teaching on Monday and is doing a GREAT job... more on that in a moment... First let me let her introduce herself:

Hey Everyone!  I'm so excited to be here working alongside Lemuel!  I really enjoy working with children, and I am excited to be starting teaching this week.  I am from northern Wisconsin where there is ice and snow for about half the year.  It's just a little different than here :)  I have three brothers and three sisters, I love music and art, and I enjoy trying new things.  I am grateful for the opportunity to be here, and I am looking forward to being pushed out of my comfort zone a little bit and seeing how God will work in my life this coming year.  I am praying that His name will be glorified through me! 

On Monday I went over to the campus in the morning so I could be there for Jenna's first class and make sure everything was ok.  Her first class was the kindergarten and it was so much fun!




The kids were totally engrossed.

Little Woodyoume was mesmerized in the front row...his poor little neck!

 Even Isabelle learned "Clap!"

Later in the day she had the Fifth and Sixth Grade...
The fifth grade perfecting the "ah" sound, as in "Sam"

High-fives all around for the Sixth Grade.


In other news from this week, Loring, Marion and Rick all flew out on Saturday.  They are GREATLY missed!!!
 
Marion was Ani's teacher while she was here. 
 That was such a HUGE help as I was able to have a bit more time to put toward Lemuel stuff. 

Rick and Loring were able to get a lot of things fixed... or at least diagnosed... and were a real encouragement to all of us in multiple ways.

 I took some pictures of Loring, Marion and Jenna that they could share with their church.  I particularly liked this one and thought I'd share it with you... keeping things in perspective :)

 Also this week, the water tank returned having been switched over to a new truck.  What a blessing this is!!!

Sam leaves next week (ahhhhh!!!! Next week!!!) for Germany.  He will be gone for two months so he has been trying to get some things wrapped up, including the porch and depot on the back of the church...



In closing, as I was drinking my coffee this morning (for those of you who know me, you know what kind of a day drinking coffee means I was anticipating:)) the quote on my mug reminded me of where my peace is to come from.  I thought we could probably all use this reminder today:
I got this mug at an airport shop on my way to Wisconsin last year.  
Although it does not say it in so many words, it is always a reminder to me that the peace God offers His children does not depend on our circumstances.  

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7 NIV

Father, as we "present our requests to you" 
please grant us your peace that transcends understanding, 
that this stressed out, frazzled, tired, volatile world may seek our peace and find You.


7 comments:

SuAnne said...

LOVE the pictures and update esp. seeing Jenna AND the video of her teaching. She is doing a wonderful job-we will continue to pray for what God is intending to do with her and through her! What a great picture also of the Jesus in the forefront with the 3 in the background; absolutely confirming how we should always look at life and people and circumstances. Your scripture choice also is meaningful. Thank you!

SuAnne said...

Forgot to mention I particularly enjoyed the "toasty warm" comment which I imagine you must have been thinking of your Northern WI and Canadian brothers and sisters!!

Krischelle Frost said...

Wonderful, Jude! You could get paid for this stuff!! We'll pay you with lots of LOVE. ;)

Lemuel Ministries said...

SuAnne: Glad you enjoyed it :) Yes, I was thinking of all of our dear friends in Northern US and Canada... ask Rick though and he will tell you the heat this month was not exactly enjoyable :)

Krisch: Thanks dear ;) I feel paid in full :)

Unknown said...

Love the mug...and love these kids!! I can't wait to see you all soon :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oops...double post! I'm really bummed that we won't get to see Sam!